Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Indiana Flea Market {this weekend!}

Dear Reader,

I break the long silence that has commenced since the end of yard sale season with some exciting news: Secondhand Happenings will be present at the Indiana State Flea Market this weekend (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) at the state fairgrounds. Sadly, the home of our resale boutique in Northern Indiana closed, so the inventory of Something Blue was starting to become a permanent indoor yard sale in the front room of my apartment. While it was fun for a couple of weeks to have friends over to peruse the selection, I decided that I needed to do something drastic or I'd be on the path to reality television stardom on the show Hoarders. After looking around for Winter resale options, Stewart Promotions' semiannual flea market seemed to be the best bet. This will be my first venture as a flea market vendor and I'm looking forward to experiencing a new side of secondhand.

I hope you'll join me for some the adventure. So much so that if you mention Secondhand Happenings I'll give you 50% off any one item! Held in the AG building, admission is free and there will be $25 gift cards given away every hour. Hours are Friday noon-6, Saturday 10-6, and Sunday 10-4. I'll be tweeting all about the experience, so be sure to follow us at @2handhappenings.

Merchandise will include the typical fare of Something Blue (vintage glassware, home decor, accessories, knick knacks), as well as the goods from a merciless raid on the contents of my home (vinyl, books, more glassware and home decor, nifty odds and ends).

All the best, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment